What should I do to protect myself from Coronavirus?
As we know, the new version of Coronavirus known as Covid-19 has made several outbreaks in the world and now it has spread its legs to India. This virus is an infectious disease that causes respiratory infections that range from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). It was unknown to the world before it made an outbreak in Wuhan, China, in December 2019.
The symptoms of Covid-19 are Fever, Dry Cough, Cold, Body ache, Tiredness. But in some persons, the symptom varies and they may have Runny nose, Sore throat, or Diarrhea.
Covid-19 disease transmits from person to person through droplets from cough or sneeze. When one infected person coughs or sneezes, the small droplets spread from the infected person to the other person in front of him. However, in some cases, it is found that the disease also spreads with the touch of substances. The non-infected person touches the same object/substance that is already touched by the infected person within 5-10 minutes (time frame differs according to the substances).
What are the tips for Coronavirus prevention?
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap frequently & carefully.
- Use hand sanitizer in case you can’t wash your hands properly.
- Avoid touching your face including your nose, mouth, and eyes unnecessarily.
- Wear a face mask to protect yourself from viruses entering your body through the nose and mouth.
- Avoid sharing personal items like mobile phones, comb, makeup, and clothes.
- Stop shaking hands and hugging people.
- Clean and sanitize the surfaces or objects you regularly use.
- Wash all groceries with fresh running water before preparing or consuming.
- Avoid unnecessary traveling.
- Practice Physical (Social) distancing in public.
- Avoid eating outside like in restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and other eateries.
- Quarantine yourself if you are not well, and showing symptoms of Covid-19.